4th Annual NNPS Golf Outing is a win-win for golfers, scholarship recipients
The rain clouds parted and the sun shone on the beautiful greens for the 4th Annual NNPS Golf Outing held June 15th at York Golf Club. Sixty golfers teed off in the noon scramble sponsored by Cardinal Health and Rosati Windows. Other supporters were Citicom Print & Graphics, Capital University, Columbus State Community College, and The Ohio State University College of Nursing. All proceeds from the event go to fund the scholarships awarded by NNPS to deserving students entering the nursing profession or advancing their nursing education.
“The NNPS scholarships help alleviate some of the financial challenges students face as they pursue a career in nursing,” said Jan Lanier, chair of the NNPS Scholarship Committee. “Well-educated nurses are the backbone of the health care system,” she added “and it would be a tragedy if these outstanding students’ career goals went unrealized because of financial issues”.
In introducing the 2015 recipients Lanier noted that all of the winners are not only excellent students, but also leaders, mentors, and community volunteers. The recipients are:
- Nina Adair, Columbus – $3,000 Scholarship
- Jessica Marshall, Westerville – $3,000 Scholarship
- Alicia Moody, Washington Court House – $3,000 Scholarship
- Kayla Morgan, Rushville – $1,000 Scholarship
- Rose Nessley, Lancaster – $1,000 Scholarship
- Rachel Rus, Cleveland – $1,000 Scholarship
While the students were recognized for their dedication and hard work, winning golfers were recognized for their tenacity on the course. Teams recording the lowest round for the day were:
1st Place: Joel Goodyear, Jason Cox, Jonathan Oliver
2st Place: Darrell Jaynes, Craig McMillen, Chuck Bauer, Rick Forsythe
In addition Greg Mitchell had the longest drive; Joel Goodyear was closest to the pin and Dave Martinez recorded the longest putt.
Congratulations and thank you to all those who made the outing a success!
Nurturing the Nursing Profession Scholarships (NNPS) would like to thank all those who supported the 4th Annual NNPS Golf Outing. Their generosity makes it possible for NNPS to fulfill its mission of empowering, inspiring and supporting the education of current and future nurses.
Special thanks go to:
- Presenting Platinum Sponsor: Cardinal Health
- Teed Up Sponsor: Rosati Windows
- Support from:
- Capital University
- Columbus State Community College Foundation
- The Ohio State University College of Nursing
- Citicom Print & Graphics
- Chuck Dahn, Club Manager, and all the staff at York Golf Club
- Glenn Johnson, PGA Professional
- Hole sponsors and those making donations
- Those who paid tribute to a special nurse on the Fairway of Honor
- The 60 enthusiastic golfers
- Levi’s 4 Floors
- Bill Schlanger
- Kathy Fekete
- Alicia Moody
- Columbus State Nursing Students:
- Susan Poling, Advisor
- Rebecca Anderson
- Jill Billings
- Mollie Cameron
- Lauren DeSantis
- Abby Hartshorn
- Kelli Natale-Koppe
- Tamra Teal
- Kelli Natale-Koppe
NNPS could not have done it without the sponsors, supporters, and volunteers. On behalf of NNPS and the scholarship recipients, thank you for your generosity and support!