Each year NNPS awards scholarships to deserving individuals who wish to enter the field of nursing or who wish to advance their nursing education. Students who have been accepted into a nursing education program preparing them to become registered nurses (RNs); RNs seeking a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree; or RNs pursuing an advanced nursing degree are eligible for consideration.
- Applicants must be accepted in an accredited nursing program, and have financial needs.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA or higher accumulative.
- Applicants must have demonstrated volunteerism/community service.
- Applicants must have two letters of recommendation including one letter from a Professor/Teacher.
- Applicants must provide an essay of 500 words or less stating why they chose to become a nurse.
- Finalists may complete a personal interview with the NNPS Board members prior to recipient selection.
- Applicants residing in Franklin or contiguous county (Union, Delaware, Licking, Fairfield, Madison and Pickaway) will receive priority in determining who will receive one of the scholarships. Other applicants residing outside that geographic area will be considered as circumstances allow.